For past several years, Merrifield has been a major center of redevelopment activity in Fairfax County. Located near I-66, the Capital Beltway, and the Dunn Loring-Merrifield Metro station, Merrifield is an ideal place for a new town center that incorporates residential, retail, and office spaces into a unique mixed-use area that is attracting new residents and bringing economic benefits to the surrounding community.
- The Greater Merrifield Business Association holds a monthly luncheon the third Tuesday of every month. See the GMBA website for details.
- Merrifield Suburban Center Plan Amendment Adopted, October 2016
- Merrifield Annual Revitalization Report, August 2015
- Mosaic District Expansion
Most stores in the Mosaic District are now open including the Angelika Arthouse Theatre and an urban format Target along with a number of boutique retailers and restaurants. Located in the Merrifield Commercial Revitalization Area between Eskridge Road and Gallows Road, Mosaic's first phase includes 350,000 square feet of retail, a 150 room hotel, and 73,000 square feet of office space. Construction of 120 townhomes is complete and a 531-unit apartment building is now leasing. Construction is underway on a second phase of retail and additional multi-family housing.
- Mosaic District in Merrifield Receives National Acclaim
- Merrifield Transportation Projects Summary
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation's summary of Merrifield-area transportation projects can be found here. The document provides material presented at the September 2012 Open House. It includes information on Gallows Road and Lee Highway intersection improvements, the Dunn Loring Metro Station, and the Eskridge Road extension.
- Fairfax County Creates First Community Development Authority (CDA)
© 2012 OCR Fairfax County, Virginia