Located in the northwestern portion of Fairfax County, the 41 acre Lake Anne Village Center (LAVC) Commercial Revitalization Area (CRA) is bounded by Baron Cameron Avenue (Rte 606) to the north, the man-made Lake Anne to the south, North Shore Drive to the west and Moorings Drive to the east. This CRA is located midway between Tysons Corner and Washington Dulles International Airport, and enjoys excellent access and proximity (1.5 miles) to the Dulles Toll Road, the Fairfax County Parkway (Route 286), and Wiehle Avenue (Route 7100); and, the Whiele Avenue and Herndon-Monroe Metrorail Sliver Line stations.
The CRA is focused around the 1965-era Washington Plaza which was the first area to be developed in the planned community of Reston, Virginia and is designated a Fairfax County Historic Overlay District. As an important community asset, the County has invested significant resources to encourage and guide the revitalization of the CRA including: the purchase of the 16.5 acre Crescent Apartments property, the adoption of a 2009 Comprehensive Plan Amendment to provide provide guidance on the mix of uses and intensities designed to foster redevelopment of the LAVC in a well-designed, integrated, and efficient manner that is supportive of the unique character of the historically significant Washington Plaza; and, the implementation of the 2011 Commercial Reinvestment Plan to stabilize and sustain LAVC non-residential uses and to attract new complementary establishments to the LAVC.
In 2012, the county released a solicited Request for Proposal (RFP) under the Public-Private Education and Infrastructure Act of 2002 (PPEA) for the redevelopment of 41 acres Crescent Apartment property located in the northeast portion of the LAVC. This redevelopment project is intended to preserve existing affordable housing, create additional workforce housing and serve as a catalyst for the revitalization of the CRA to implement the community vision as set forth in the Comprehensive Plan.
- Meeting to Provide Update on Lake Anne Village Center Redevelopment, October 1, 2012
- County Seeking Experienced Developers for Redevelopment of Crescent Property
- Lake Anne Annual Revitalization Report, August 2015
- Fairfax Moves Closer to Revitalizing Lake Anne Village Center
- Board Authorizes Public Hearing on Interim Development Agreement for The Crescent Apartments in Reston
- LAVC Accessing Revitalization Resources and Opportunities Meeting, July 13, 2011
- Alvarez and Marsal Real Estate Advisory Services, LLC delivers the Lake Anne Village Center Commercial Reinvestment Plan
- LAVC Comprehensive Plan Amendment Adopted